Tuesday 5 February 2013

Cosplay update

So as you guys know if you've been reading my blog is that I am going to an anime convention in two weeks time in Telford. I decided that I was going to cosplay as Miyuki Takara from Lucky Star!
So today my costume arrived from Tokyo Toys, I am really pleased as I ordered it on Sunday and it has only taken 2 days to arrive! The store is UK based so shipping only cost £3 so that totalled my order to £43 which, to be honest, is pretty moderate for a cosplay outfit. 
It came with the skirt, shirt and tie. Although the skirt is really good quality material, and it also came with a petticoat which has made it poofier (aka cuter) but the shirt is really thin material, so much so that you can see my underwear, so I will have to wear a white top underneath which I'm not that bothered about. Aside from this one thing the outfit is really good quality and just as they advertise on the website. 

However the one thing I did find a bit of a let down was the sizes they offered. They only offered Japanese XS, S, M, XXL and 3XL which in British clothes sizes is Size 4, 6, 8, 12, 14 and 16. Now the problem I have with this is that I am a UK size 10, because of my height so I had to go with a size 12, which means that the waist size is far too big and the shirt is quite baggy, although these are easy to adjust.
I am just waiting for my wig to arrive now from Wig Supplier which has been delayed until Friday. More updates soon! If you haven't got a clue what I'm talking about please read THIS first!

Miyuki Takara - Lucky Star. Image off Google.

I will post an image of the full outfit when my wig has arrive as well, be prepared! Only a few days, haha!

- M.

No comments:

Post a Comment