Wednesday 6 February 2013

My top 5 favourite films

My life pretty much revolves around films, I will watch anything and everything. I am a film guru! I would do a "top 10" but that will take me forever, so here is my top 5!

#1:
THE AVENGERS.
This is my favourite film ever, literally it doesn't compare to anything. I can watch this film over and over and it still gives me goosebumps. All the fight scenes get me, they're so good! I love Marvel films anyway, they're so perfect! The combination of the actors in The Avengers is amazing, they suit the parts so amazingly well. I also like the fact that this film often refers back to the solo films of each character eg Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk and Thor. Although this can be a bit of a draw-back if you have never watched any of these films before because of some of the comments made and the references to their back stories. However Black Widow and Hawkeye don't have their own solo movies, yet. But there is rumours that Marvel are planning movies for both these characters.



#2:
LORD OF THE RINGS.
I am a massive fan of Tolkien's Lord of The Rings, although admittedly I haven't been able to muster up the strength to read the books because they are massive. All these films are breathtaking, and if I'm really honest Lord of The Rings and The Avengers are practically drawing in my favourite movie(s) of all time.
If I had to pick I'd say that The Fellowship of the Ring is my favourite film out of the three. It's mostly because of the fact that it's the introduction to all the characters and settings, and despite the fact that there is no major, major fight scenes in this movie it's still awesome. I think this was the movie when I fell in love with Legolas because, well, he is perfect... Enough said.
Although these films are super long and slightly confusing at times they're a must watch!



#3:
STUDIO GHIBLI AND HAYAO MIYAZAKI.
Any film by Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki I consider to be pronominal. Some people are put off these films because of the fact they're animated, not me of course, but they're amazing in their own right. These films make me genuinely happy, no word of a lie. I think the first film I ever watched by these guys was Princess Mononoke when I was about 8/9 years old and it blew me away. After this I really got into their films, my favourites being Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and My Neighbour Totoro. I mean, literally, I watch Howl's Moving Castle about 5 times a week, it's a little bit worrying... I know. But the story lines never cease to amaze me, I can't physically understand how they can think of such weird plots but what's even more amazing is the fact that they all make perfect sense and flow effortlessly!
If you're into your anime then you will know these guys and if you don't - you're not a true animation fan!


#4:
STEP BROTHERS.
Oh my god, no words can explain how much I love this film. It's hilarious and one of a kind. I can quote this film, word for word I watch it that often. It's one of those movies where no matter how many times you watch it, it's still funny. I mean, if you haven't seen this film then I don't want to know what century you've been living in! It's hilarious. If you love comedy films this is one of the best films you'll find. Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are brilliant. They are so perfect for the roles because they just fit into them so well, and it becomes so believable. I love it so much!!


#5:
WANTED.
Now, I will admit when I first started watching this film I was like "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" because from the very start it's super confusing and irritating and to be honest, it's awful at the start but wow, am I glad I watched it till the end. It turned out to be an amazing film and it blew-my-mind! I love assassin movies anyway but this is in a whole new league. It has an amazing (granted, slightly confusing) plot but it all ties together at the end and has a major plot twist, which is always a bonus. I've only seen it a few times, no where near as many times as most of my favourite films but it's already up in my top 5... Yeah it's that good. The fact that it's got Angelina Jolie in is a massive bonus as well, because she is b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t!
This film is really not very popular and quite underrated but honestly if you haven't seen it already, you need to watch is ASAP!


- M.

No comments:

Post a Comment